[Sugar-devel] Sugar + OLPC mesh network selection logic

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Wed Jul 8 07:04:41 EDT 2009

On Wed, 2009-07-01 at 12:18 -0400, Dan Williams wrote:
> > http://dev.laptop.org/~sjoerd/NM0.7/olpc-mesh.fdi
>
> Though you're really not going to want to use HAL fdi files for this,
> since master now uses only udev.  You'll either want to hardcode the
> Marvell device IDs into nm-hal-manager (or match on "mshX") or you'll
> want to tag it with udev rules and grab the property from NM instead.

OK. I think udev rules is nicer. Do you think such rules should be
shipped within NM, or in udev itself?

The rule is currently:
KERNEL=="msh*", SUBSYSTEM=="net", DRIVERS=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="1286", ATTRS{idProduct}=="2001", ENV{NM_DEVICE_TYPE}="olpcmesh"

I don't know why we can't match on DRIVER=="libertas" (it's blank, must
be a libertas bug) so it's a bit messy. Also soon we will be adding
another rule since the XO-1.5 will come with wifi on SDIO.

Thanks,
Daniel