[Sugar-devel] Backup and Restore Feature added to Wiki

Sebastian Dziallas sebastian at when.com
Tue Jul 7 16:24:09 EDT 2009

Dave Bauer wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 7, 2009 at 10:21 AM, Tomeu Vizoso<tomeu at sugarlabs.org>  wrote:
>> On Tue, Jul 7, 2009 at 16:05, Greg Smith<gregsmithpm at gmail.com>  wrote:
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> I created a Feature request for backup and restore here:
>>> http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Features/Back_Up_and_Restore
>> Shouldn't this be already working in SoaS 0.84 with XS 0.6?
>>
>> May be waiting for someone to give it a tray. CC'ing Martin and Dave
>> who may have already tried it.
>
> We need 1) changes to allow registering soas to an XS
> 2) ds-backup-client patched to work on soas
> 3) ds-backup-client installed on soas.
>
> I believe there are outstandings tickets for this. I guess these
> changed need to be made in the fedora packages so we can pull them
> into soas.

Yup, there's a ticket: #916

Well, the "problem" is that ds-backup-* hasn't been packaged for Fedora,
yet. I discussed this with Martin Langhoff (adding to CC here) at
LinuxTag lately, and it shouldn't be a big problem to get the patches
from Hamilton (in the ticket) applied and then a new RPM uploaded to our
SoaS yum repo. I guess we'd need people testing this once it's ready,
though.

--Sebastian