[Sugar-devel] Backup and Restore Feature added to Wiki

Greg Smith gregsmithpm at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 10:05:05 EDT 2009

Hi All,

I created a Feature request for backup and restore here:
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Features/Back_Up_and_Restore

I'm still not sure how to "tie" it to GPA or a release or pile of
pending feature requests. If anyone knows the right wiki markup to do
that, please go ahead. I'll watch what you do and use it for the next
one.

I made myself the "owner" but it should probably be someone smarter
than me and able to program, maybe Martin...?

Any comments or questions on the feature are welcome. It occurred to
me as I was writing it that this problem must have been solved already
in Linux. If anyone knows a good solution there, lets take it! That
will solve most of the problem leaving us with the special case of the
DataStore/Journal.

Comments on format and more accurate filling out of the template also
appreciated.