[Sugar-devel] poor man's mmap "sliding window" on Python 2.5.x

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 17:23:42 EDT 2009

On Tue, Jul 7, 2009 at 7:16 AM, Benjamin M.
Schwartz<bmschwar at fas.harvard.edu> wrote:
> huh.  I looked through python's mmap implementation [1] and there doesn't
> seem to be any caching or funny business going on.
>
> I wonder if it could be over-aggressive caching somewhere in jffs2, in an
> attempt to avoid repeatedly decompressing the same block.

Thanks for looking into this. I'll post the (trivial, really) repro
code I have later (I'm on a gruelling >35hr trip at the moment).

So far, tested on 8.2.x _on vfat partitions mounted from a USB device_
and on the local disk (ext3) on Ubuntu Hardy.

Have not tested it (yet) with data file on jffs2 as that's not the use
case I'm gunning for.

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions