[Sugar-devel] Read Activity question (single page view)

Gary C Martin gary at garycmartin.com
Sun Jul 5 16:16:27 EDT 2009

Hi Sayamindu,

Saw some of your Read roadmap items today, and just wanted to ping and
ask how viable you think it would be for Read to support a single page
by page view for PDFs (rather than current continuous scrolling mode)?

I've been thinking it would be better for memory consumption
(continuous scrolling has to have both pages rendered in memory as you
scroll over page boundaries), and also would be better for page by
page reading for many books, presentations (Sameer Verma mentioned
this in an IAEP mail today), and I'm working on some pdf materials
like the old adventure book stories, where you traverse different
pages in a non-linear way (works a bit like a point and click
adventure/escape-the-room type thing).

Does evince support single page render mode?

If you think it's viable, but don't have the time yourself, let me
know and I'll see if I can get something working here (never used
evince myself so wanted to check with you first before I head off down
a blind alley).

Regards,
--Gary