[Sugar-devel] ActivityTeam meeting on Friday June 26th - 17:00 UTC

S Page skierpage at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 22:41:56 EDT 2009

best is to REMOVE all activity info from w.lt.o except
* {{Activity migrated to sl.o}} on its wiki page
* its activity version fragment(s) read by OLPC's Software update control panel.

> What: ActivityTeam meeting

Sorry I was on holiday, but I read the minutes,

<dfarning> I make it part way through the list at
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Activities/All add comments to the template
about which activities are on [a.sl.o]
<dfarning> I think those template should be modified to point directly
to the information on [a.sl.o]

Maybe.  Stand back, what the heck is Activities/All for?  I marked the
page obsolete and nobody has disagreed. Here's where it stands:
* incomplete and out-of-date
* is not used for activity update_urls or activity groups (they fall
back to the fragments transcluded by
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Activities)
* uses yet another bloody activity template, different from the one
used by e.g. Activities/G1G1/8.2
* doesn't indicate what activity version works on what version.
So REMOVING stale information from Activities/All is better than hacking on it.

However, if there's evidence that Activities/All gets a lot of hits
and deserves some love, then yes I could dynamically query w.lt.o
activity pages (but not sugarlabs pages) to show info from them,
thereby avoiding yet more bloody repetition of stale info that needs
maintenance.

<garycmartin> dfarning, you mean the "Activity Summary", the "Facts
about ...", and the "Olpcboxtop"?

Those are on the individual activity's page.  Likewise, REMOVE them as
stuff is migrated, as
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Maintaining_activity_web_information urges.
{{Activity migrated to sl.o}} is all that's needed.

The only thing on w.lt.o that requires maintenance is the activity's
version fragment(s) for Software update, in your case
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Activities/Moon-G1G1

<dfarning> not sure yet, I was hoping the engage spage he is a template master:)
<garycmartin> dfarning, yes getting spage would be good :-)

Awww ;-)

Cheers,
--
=S Page