[Sugar-devel] On datastore object IDs

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 13:20:24 EDT 2009

On Thu, Jul 2, 2009 at 6:35 PM, Benjamin M.
Schwartz<bmschwar at fas.harvard.edu> wrote:
> We've been talking a lot about how datastore version 3 (?) should be
> structured.  I'd like to propose (purely to initiate discussion) that it
> be structured as follows:

Slightly OT: Sascha mentioned a plan in the git list of using git as a
backend. I pointed out a few (serious IMHO) limitations in git.

My general comment is:

 - apps will want to work on files larger than memory
 - apps will want to mmap files
 - apps will want to create/edit multi-file projects (ie: creating websites)

those are complex constraints, but should be considered.

</ot>

cheers,

martin
 martin.langhoff at gmail.com