[Sugar-devel] Trimming down ling wiki names

Eben Eliason eben at laptop.org
Thu Jul 2 12:31:04 EDT 2009

On Thu, Jul 2, 2009 at 9:06 AM, Frederick Grose<fgrose at sugarlabs.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 2, 2009 at 7:45 AM, Simon Schampijer <simon at schampijer.de>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Fred,
>>
>> it might makes sense to trim down our long wiki names. As we heavily use
>> categories now - this might not be an issue. How about we do:
>>
>> http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Development_Team/Release/Roadmap/0.84 ->
>> http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/0.84/Roadmap
>>
>> and
>>

>> http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Development_Team/Release/Releases/Sucrose/0.84
>> -> http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/0.84/Notes
>>
>> same for 0.82 and 0.86.
>>
>> What do you think? Can you do this without breaking current links?

Makes sense to me. It might also be nice to support the child-friendly
(or, really, non-developer-friendly) codenames as well, so, that we
have a page for the "Strawberry" release of Sugar that has a little
summary, points to the release notes, has a download link, etc. Maybe
it would be best to put these in their own namespace, but still at a
shorter path:

http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Releases/Strawberry (?)

Eben