[Sugar-devel] [API proposal] toolbox.get_toolbars()

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu at sugarlabs.org
Wed Jul 1 09:25:38 EDT 2009

On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 15:18, Lucian Branescu<lucian.branescu at gmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry about that. I've attached another patch which follows the guidelines.
>
> I'm not sure I should be opening a ticket about this, though. I've had
> a chat with Walter last night and he said that since the toolbar will
> get a re-haul in 0.86, it's a chance to improve the API as well.

If we really manage to implement that feature for 0.86 (the design is
not agreed on as of yet), the API will have to be a separate addition
because we'll need to keep both the old tabs-based toolbox and the new
one as not all activities will be able to move to the new one at the
same time.

That said, your patch seems clean enough to be added now and the fact
this API is going to get deprecated makes it easier to add API to it.

Regards,

Tomeu