[Sugar-devel] SoaS at FOSDEM

David Van Assche dvanassche at gmail.com
Sat Jan 31 15:58:45 EST 2009

Yeah we are doing the same with edubuntu... which should include sugar
in Jaunty+1, when it is a little more mature (activity wise.) Kde-edu
has made massive advances in their edu tools and the kde team seems
very committed to getting the whole distro known as the 'edu' distro.
Part of the reason for this is that the Brazillian government made a
commitment to put 60 million users infront of kde 4... (not LTSP
sadly) but thats a pretty big market... so now they've decided to
really focus on edu... think of the possibilitiy of making learning
objects that are plasmoids... the sky is the limit... Anyway, edubuntu
is a mix of gnome and kde edu apps... and soon sugar edu stuff too....

kind Regards,
David Van Assche