[Sugar-devel] SoaS at FOSDEM

Sebastian Dziallas sebastian at when.com
Sat Jan 31 12:42:35 EST 2009

David Van Assche wrote:
> What's wrong with offering kde, sugar, or gnome from the login manager
> (whatever that might be... that could be made as simple or complicated
> as one wanted.) Kde has an amazingly powerful group of edu apps, as
> does gnome, as does Sugar... all for different age groups... so it
> might make sense to make something all encompassing that is useful for
> all educational groups...
>
> David

This sounds pretty much like an education spin, doesn't it? If you're
interested, some folks (including me) have been working within the EDU
SIG at Fedora on such a thing: [1]

It's based on XFCE, but includes nevertheless the (imo very amazing set
of) KDE education apps and also some other related software.

There's still Sugar missing - for now. I'm wondering, how a
collaboration would be useful and whether this couldn't be profitable
for both projects... ;)

--Sebastian

[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Education_Spin