[Sugar-devel] jhbuild obsoleted itself:)

Michael Stone michael.r.stone at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 12:48:22 EST 2009

Mikus,

An idea that I've been working on for the last few days (which is
certainly compatible with proxies) is to use recent distro packages to
build a chroot from which to test sugar.

I've (clumsily) described my preliminary procedures in
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/DevelopmentTeam/Chroot. (Unfortunately,
there's a gconf infelicity in the rawhide chroot that prevents sugar
from successfully launching; however, things work nicely in the debian
sid chroot.)

Regards,

Michael

P.S. - It should even be possible to use Linux' new network namespaces
feature to set up arbitrary network configurations for efficient
network testing -- even between multiple versions of sugar -- on a
single machine!