[Sugar-devel] recognizing a "friend"

Mikus Grinbergs mikus at bga.com
Wed Jan 21 19:17:08 EST 2009

While I was trying a mesh network with Joyride, I hovered in
Neighborhood View over the icon for XO 'Varde' and clicked 'Make
friend' in that icon's palette.  ['Varde' showed up as an icon in my
Friends View.]

Later, I rebooted and used a wired connection instead.  I was
surprised that when hovering in Neighborhood View over the icon for
'Varde', that palette still has a 'Remove Friend' entry -- but now
my Friends View showed *no* other icons (besides "self").  [The only
thing that had changed:  previously, 'Varde' was accessed with its
mesh IP address; now it was accessed with its LAN IP address.]

Does  Friends View  depend on matching the target's IP address in
order to show a "friend" ?

mikus