[Sugar-devel] 1-click way to add extra fonts?

Christoph Derndorfer christoph.derndorfer at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 12:24:00 EST 2009

Hi all,

is there any simple 1-click way to add extra .ttf fonts to Sugar?

While the manual way (creating /usr/share/fonts/truetype, copying the .ttf
files) is easy enough for most people I'm looking at a scenario where a
teacher is trying to add fonts to 25 XOs. So it's quite obvious that the
manual way is a bit impractical...

If such a simple solution doesn't exist at this time we should think about
creating one. Maybe an activity with .ttf as its MIME type that takes
downloaded .ttf files and put them in the right location.

Any thoughts, comments or suggestions?

Thanks.
Christoph

--