[Sugar-devel] SoaS on the XO progress

Marco Pesenti Gritti marcopg at sugarlabs.org
Tue Jan 20 22:51:04 EST 2009

Hello,

I spent some time trying to get Sugar on a stick images (which are
basically livecd-tools based Fedora spins) running on the XO from
nand. Converting the image to jffs2 and adding cafe_nand and jffs2 to
the initrd was enough to make it boot.

I have two weird problems:

1 haldaemon fails to start and I couldn't find any error log.
2 X "fades" a couple of times and then hangs the system.

I can reproduce 2 if I write the same image to an usb stick using
Fedora XO livecd-iso-to-disk. Could be either a regression in the F10
updates or something wrong in the way SoaS images are built. I have
absolutely no idea about 1, but it would seem to be related to
jffs2/initrd, since it works fine from the usb stick.

Marco