[Sugar-devel] feature freeze issue #3: resume by default

Simon Schampijer simon at schampijer.de
Tue Jan 20 19:18:41 EST 2009

Gary C Martin wrote:
> On 17 Jan 2009, at 15:30, Tomeu Vizoso wrote:
>
>> On Sat, Jan 17, 2009 at 15:54, Sascha Silbe
>> <sascha-ml-ui-sugar-devel at silbe.org> wrote:

>>> That sounds _REALLY_ bad. I remember looking at some versioning
>>> proposal,
>>> what happened to that one?
>> Well, clicking on the activity icon in the favorites view will now
>> resume the last activity entry in exactly the same way as if the user
>> clicked on its icon in the journal.
>>
>> It's true that we would like to store all the intermediate versions
>> and allow the user to work with each of them, but we haven't gotten to
>> implement it in something that can be released.
>>
>> So the change here is that we have given more prominence to resume
>> operations and have moved starting up new activities to a second
>> place. But we haven't really changed the mechanics by which activities
>> get stored in the journal.
>>
>> After talking for some time with Simon, we have agreed on requesting
>> input from people willing to install the last code and giving it a
>> try. We would love to hear about suggestions and are willing to delay
>> for a few days the release in case we find that something can be done
>> and that we won't be regressing in any way regarding past releases.
>
> FWIW: I'd love to give it a whirl and provide some feedback,
> unfortunately I only have access to Sugar on XO hardware – so I'm out
> of such early test/debug/feedback loop until things land in Joyride
> (or some future equivalent).
>
> --G

The 0.83.4 did land in joyride build 2631. Release Notes are here and
will be officially announced tomorrow.
http://sugarlabs.org/go/DevelopmentTeam/Release/Releases/Sucrose/0.83.4

Not sure all the activities have been made available in olpc places.

I will post more details later, Marco is working as well on SoaS at the
moment as a way to test things.

Cheers,
    Simon