[Sugar-devel] [IAEP] feature freeze issue #2: making easier for people to title their activities

Sascha Silbe sascha-ml-ui-sugar-devel at silbe.org
Sun Jan 18 13:33:20 EST 2009

On Sun, Jan 18, 2009 at 01:02:57PM -0500, Eben Eliason wrote:

[Close activity without saving changes]
> Perhaps we can add a secondary option to the "Stop" button for
> this instead, which forces a conscious decision before a dialog is
> needed. (This is fine, since the default is to keep automatically)
Interesting option, haven't thought about putting it into a submenu of
Stop. Would reduce the danger of accidentally activating it.

> How about "Stop and discard", or maybe just "Discard"?
As it's a submenu of Stop, it might be obvious enough. But it might be
better to ask a kid instead as I am "experienced" and thus
prejudiced/biased.

> This has some implications, though, since it makes this option
> available all the time, instead of just for new instances.  If you
> choose discard when you've previously resumed, what happens? The
> logical answer in "ideal Sugar" is that you simply discard changes,
> but retain any previous versions.
That's what I would expect to happen.

> Since we don't have versions, do we just discard changes, effectively
> reverting?  Maybe "Discard changes"
> is a bettter description.
"Discard changes" sounds fine. We could name it differently if it's the
first version, but I cannot think of a good term for that ("Discard
changes" makes a simple "Discard" for the first version look like
there's something missing).

CU Sascha

--
http://sascha.silbe.org/