[Sugar-devel] [IAEP] feature freeze issue #2: making easier for people to title their activities

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Sat Jan 17 19:43:40 EST 2009

Looks good. I am hoping that the description field will start to see
more use, as I leverage it directly ion the Portfolio tool. One
comment: I don't see the option to not save the entry. Another
comment: maybe we should have a feature where by tags are also
suggested, either by the activity or by tags previously assigned.

-walter

On Sat, Jan 17, 2009 at 4:29 PM, Simon Schampijer <simon at schampijer.de> wrote:
> Tomeu Vizoso wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> yesterday we entered in feature freeze, meaning that no new features
>> can be committed without prior discussion in the community.
>>
>> The journal's search and browsing capabilities are less useful if all
>> entries are named the same regardless of their actual content or
>> meaning to the user.
>>
>> That's why has been proposed to make easier to the users to title and
>> tag their entries by showing a dialog when they close their activity
>> for the first time.
>>
>> We have now a quite crude implementation in, but is quite
>> disconcerting to users because it's not very clear why is that
>> appearing now.
>>
>> Simon is working on several enhancements that will make it clearer
>> (Simon, can you paste a link to a screenshot?).
>
> http://dev.sugarlabs.org/ticket/215 contains patch and screenshot.
>
> Cheers,
>    Simon

Walter Bender