[Sugar-devel] [IAEP] idea for Sugar slogan and name

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Mon Jan 12 06:19:40 EST 2009

I guess Bryan thinks of it as a play on "Mathland" (in Papert's sense,
not the curriculum of the same name). The name of squeakland.org was
inspired by the same idea:

"What would happen if children who can’t do math grew up in Mathland,
a place that is to math what France is to French?" --S.P.

Also see

http://www.kusasa.org/background/mathland/mathland.html

- Bert -