[Sugar-devel] Sugar Digest 2009-01-05

Sascha Silbe sascha-ml-ui-sugar-devel at silbe.org
Tue Jan 6 06:36:34 EST 2009

On Mon, Jan 05, 2009 at 08:54:32PM -0500, Walter Bender wrote:

> Christian Marc Schmidt has been working on a static landing page for
> Sugar Labs. (The wiki is a powerful tool, but not the easiest place to
> get started from when you are new to Sugar.) Christian has uploaded a
> build onto a server (See
> http://www.christianmarcschmidt.com/projects/sugarlabs/betasite). This
> version is fully dynamic, based on an XML->XSL translation using PHP 5
> and Libxslt. Christian has tested it in all major browsers where it
> seems to work fine, but please exercise it some more.

I just gave it a try in w3m (a "text-mode" browser I'm using 99% of the
time; no CSS, no JavaScript etc.). It mostly displays fine (AFAICT), but
since the headings aren't emphasized in any way, it's a bit hard to
read.
AIUI it's primarily a browser start page for Browse, so this might not
matter at all.

CU Sascha

--
http://sascha.silbe.org/