[Sugar-devel] [Testing] Please help test our pre-release build of 8.2.1

Greg Smith gregsmitholpc at gmail.com
Mon Jan 5 13:14:41 EST 2009

Hi Sugar team,

Can you help clarify the right Browse version for 8.2.0 and 8.2.1 per
the thread below?

I also left a related note on the 0.83 release notes discussion page:
http://sugarlabs.org/go/Talk:DevelopmentTeam/Release/Releases/Sucrose/0.83.3

Thanks,

Greg S

******************

Date: Sun, 04 Jan 2009 18:09:37 -0500
From: Mikus Grinbergs <mikus at bga.com>
Subject: Re: [Testing] Please help test our pre-release build of 8.2.1
	testing at lists.laptop.org

Gary wrote:
> Browse-98 . . . . . . . x x   Browse-101 needed for 8.2.1 PDF support

I Tested Browse-101 using the staging-7 build:

   -  Browse-101 listed on http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Activities/G1G1
      (i.e., http://dev.laptop.org/~erikos/bundles/0.83/Browse-101.xo)
      is unacceptable to me -- it will not allow on-line user changes
      to the entries in about:config (I selected an entry and
      left-clicked, then clicked on 'modify' - nothing happened).

      [Besides, it copies PDFs to Journal, instead of showing them.]

      [Other wiki pages (Activities/G1G1/8.2) listed only Browse-98.]

   -  http://dev.laptop.org/raw-attachment/ticket/9112/Browse-101.xo,
      built by Sayamindu, works - I *can* modify about:config

Thus it appears there is Browse-101, and then there is Browse-101.

mikus