[Sugar-devel] [IAEP] Education on the XO

David Van Assche dvanassche at gmail.com
Sun Jan 4 16:32:16 EST 2009

Actually there are a whole bunch of examples I uploaded to
schools.sugarlabs.org, the problem we have is of how to categorise
them. ie... do we put them via subject, via class, via country, via
language?

The infrastructure needs to be discussed and then agreed upon. That's
the main reason why I didn't upload anything else. That and I realised
I'm the only one adding anything to the site ;-) That said, the entire
Open University content is creative commons, and can be easily
ported.... and there are many sources across the internet that offer
moodle material in various languages. I pasted a list of the best
curriculum and learning sources on schools.sugarlabs.org. There are
enough examples up there for course creators to get an idea of how to
create an effective learning course, and even some usable courses
(intro to gimp, intro to networking, etc.) Moodle is really quite
simple to get the hang off, but like everything else, it requires
putting time into it. If there are any course content creators out
there, I'd love to hear their ideas, and if they need help with
creating courses on the schools.sugarlabs.org site, I believe I can
help.

I also began creating a database of all the activities so that they
can easily be searched for, categorised, etc. but I read that this was
being done elsewhere so again, I didn't continue down that avenue, but
I'll gladly continue if its of use...

kind Regards,
David Van Assche