[Sugar-devel] [RELEASE] Moon-9

Gary C Martin gary at garycmartin.com
Wed Feb 25 11:26:20 EST 2009

On 25 Feb 2009, at 10:18, Simon Schampijer wrote:

> Gary C Martin wrote:
>> == .XO Bundle ==
>> http://addons.sugarlabs.org/en-US/sugar/addon/4034
>
> Worked fine for me.
>
>> http://wiki.laptop.org/images/5/51/Moon-9.xo
>> ...or use the software update panel.
>> == Source ==
>> http://download.sugarlabs.org/sources/honey/Moon/Moon-9.tar.bz2
>> == Git ==
>> http://git.sugarlabs.org/projects/moon
>> == Features ==
>> - Code cleanup (make pylint happier)
>> - Merged alsroot's excellent independence resolution code addition
>> (resizes moon image to fit available display, much better for misc
>> SoaS hardware screen resolutions)
>
> Worked awesomely for me - testing with 800x600 - good work!

Fab, thank alsroot! :-)

>> - Updated localizations (latest from Pootle, thanks all!)
>> == Documentation ==
>> http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Moon
>
> We might want to move the documentation to the Sugarlabs wiki - I
> have seen Walter did it already http://sugarlabs.org/go/Activities/TurtleArt
>  - I need to do it for Browse as well.

Yes, I was waiting to see where addons/activities.sl.org was going to
get us in terms of a useful place for activity documentation, it
certainly covers the trivial case. I'd hate to see the SL wiki churn
into a mess of out of date activity pages.

There's also the potential for these activity help documents (verging
on lesson plan, example use walkthrus) becoming something you get with
the activity, I'm not a huge fan of internal help, but I could at
least see a .xo bundle at install (or erase) time add (or remove) some
html content (a little like a library collection). Browse could then
default to an index page (KISS, no nested side bar attempt at
ontology, just a tiled 'book' view for all library collections and a
way to search them).

Regards,
--Gary