[Sugar-devel] Future of Rainbow + Sugar?

Michael Stone michael at laptop.org
Tue Feb 24 18:47:18 EST 2009

On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 12:22:13AM +0100, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
>Sugarlabs care about Sugar. Sugar on any distro, and any hardware.

Yes, hence my work to write rainbow-0.8.* in a (relatively) distro-neutral
fashion.

>Rainbow is tied not primarily to Sugar but to a specific distro: the
>OLPC fork of Fedora.

This used to be true. It is substantially less true (though not completely
fixed) in regard to rainbow-0.8.*.

>Yes, I am interested in packaging Rainbow for Debian. I just haven't
>found time to pull it off yet.

I know, and I'm thankful for your offer of assistance. We'll get here soon
enough; I just needed to get folks onto the same page about where things stand.

Michael