[Sugar-devel] Future of Rainbow + Sugar?

Wade Brainerd wadetb at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 12:52:40 EST 2009

On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 12:41 PM, Benjamin M. Schwartz <
bmschwar at fas.harvard.edu> wrote:

> They are a single, indivisible cause, and also the entire reason for the
> existence of Sugar.
>
> Many operating systems provide users with a set of powerful tools for
> manipulating ideas and data.  Sugar's purpose is to add another dimension:
> to encourage users to modify and share the tools themselves.  To that end,
> if my friend sends me a modified copy of an activity, I must be able to
> run it without fear of wrecking my system.

On the contrary, learning to develop software is almost impossible without
wrecking your system once or twice.

Backups are the correct solution to this problem, not some crazy security
system.  When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

-Wade