[Sugar-devel] Future of Rainbow + Sugar?

Wade Brainerd wadetb at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 12:29:57 EST 2009

To me, Bitfrost was just one more lofty windmill OLPC tried to tilt because
it seemed like an interesting challenge.  I'm not clear why Sugar needs more
protection from rogue activities than a normal desktop environment has from
rogue applications.

Reinventing the desktop as a constructivist learning environment is a big
enough task for one development team / community to swallow.  Reinventing
security is an altogether separate cause.

That said, Rainbow exists, so we don't need to do anything to remove it.  So
long as people step up to maintain it and help activity developers fix the
issues they run into.

But Michael, what you seem to be asking for - someone to pick up your solo
project and finish it - almost never happens in software development.  Code
is a personal expression of the programmer who wrote it.  If it ever does
get finished by someone else, it likely gets rewritten in the process.

Best regards,

Wade