[Sugar-devel] Permissions to upload honey sources

Gary C Martin gary at garycmartin.com
Tue Feb 24 00:34:16 EST 2009

Hi folks,

Just got a shell account on sunjammer (thanks Bernie!), and was hoping
to upload the source of Moon-9 so that it appears in the (as I
understand) official place for distros to go looking for honey:

	http://download.sugarlabs.org/sources/honey/

Now... the below wiki page lists /pub/sugarlabs/sources/honey as the
pace to make a directory and upload to:

	http://sugarlabs.org/go/DevelopmentTeam/Activities_packaging

... but /pub/sugarlabs/sources/honey doesn't seem to exist on
sunjammer, though I did find /upload/sources/honey/ which seems to be
the correct path as it has the other 4 listed honey sources living
there (/var/www/sugarlabs/download/sources/honey/ is also another
possibility).

Unfortunately I don't seem to have permission to create a directory
there. /upload/sources/honey is owned by marcopg, group sugarlabs; the
other 4 directories in there were created by alsroot, group sugarlabs.

I'm guessing on the face of it I'd need to be in the sugarlabs group,
**but** this doesn't seem like a good situation given that honey is
for "activity sources developed out there in the wild", that could
turn into a whole stinging bee hive of admin and excessive shell
access...

Any (scalable) hints much appreciated!

Regards,
--Gary