[Sugar-devel] Fwd: Activity startup idea

Gary C Martin gary at garycmartin.com
Mon Feb 23 19:46:31 EST 2009

On 23 Feb 2009, at 22:30, Carol Farlow Lerche wrote:

> The pulsing doesn't prevent random clicking.

Please elaborate! I'm on the edge of my chair here!! This is just the
kind of feedback needed!!!

With my 7, 10 and 11yr old nieces and nephew, the main reason I
observed for multiple activity instances were:

a) not being able to find the "Stop" on an activity, they were 'done'
and wanted a fresh start...
b) it was easier to find the home view and just launch a new activity
instance.

They did **clearly** want things to start sooner, but did not
independently discover the hot corners; there fore had nothing to
click on while their first choice (slowly) started up (other wise I'm
sure there would have been multiple simultaneous activity launches and
all the pain that entails).

--Gary

P.S I've used up my pling quota for the next few emails, apologies for
any offence.