[Sugar-devel] Fwd: Activity startup idea

Gary C Martin gary at garycmartin.com
Mon Feb 23 17:26:37 EST 2009

On 23 Feb 2009, at 20:46, Wade Brainerd wrote:

> Opening up a conversation with Eben about the activity startup
> animation.  The pulsing, scaling icon appears to slow down activity
> startup, at least on slow hardware like the XO.
>
> I suggested replacing the pulsing icon with a static one, and
> surrounding it with dots at a rate of 1 per second.
> Eben suggests an alternative, replacing the pulsing one with a
> blinking icon.
> It strikes me that the two could possibly be combined.

To be honest, I like the idea of static icon with 'clock' dots
appearing as an alternative. Now I do like the current pulsing (there
to prevent impatient random clicking on other UI slowing things down
even more), but if no one can code the pulsing lean enough, given the
XO hardware, then we perhaps need to move on.

--Gary