[Sugar-devel] Fwd: Activity startup idea

Wade Brainerd wadetb at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 15:46:56 EST 2009

Opening up a conversation with Eben about the activity startup animation.
 The pulsing, scaling icon appears to slow down activity startup, at least
on slow hardware like the XO.
I suggested replacing the pulsing icon with a static one, and surrounding it
with dots at a rate of 1 per second.
Eben suggests an alternative, replacing the pulsing one with a blinking
icon.
It strikes me that the two could possibly be combined.

Anyone else want to weigh in?

Cheers,
Wade