[Sugar-devel] [IAEP] Moon-9, almost (Re: addons.sugarlabs.org is starting to work)

David Farning dfarning at sugarlabs.org
Sat Feb 21 12:39:03 EST 2009

Gary,

The work flow is as follows:
1.  Developer - Register and upload activity - Activity is in the sand
box -  This is confusing because the the activity is visible to the
develop, but not to others.
2.  Editor - Review the activity and push to public or request super
reviewer - Activity is pushed to public - Visible to everyone.
3.  Localizer - Localizes the activity specific also information --
The activity itself is localized via pootle.

Admin - At any point in this process, an admin can declare a
developer/activity as 'trusted'.  Trusted developer can push uploads
directly to public.

Within a few weeks we should have all core activities and developers
declared trusted.

For now, we ask you to go through the nomination/approval process.
Not because we don't trust you:) rather, We would rather you guys
dogfood the process before more casual users start uploading to the
site.

Special thanks to Wade for the steady stream of bug reports.

david