[Sugar-devel] [ANNOUNCE] Please update your activity info files for deprecated fields

Gary C Martin gary at garycmartin.com
Fri Feb 20 12:04:11 EST 2009

On 20 Feb 2009, at 11:14, Simon Schampijer wrote:

> Dear activity developers,
>
> there are two deprecated fields in the activity.info [1]
>
> 'service_name' is deprecated please use 'bundle-id' instead.
>
> 'class' is deprecated and you should use the 'exec' command instead.
> The
> reason for the switch is that the exec command follows better the
> general freedesktop standard [2]

Thanks, didn't know about that change in spec... was just about to
alter my 'class' to 'exec', but before I do, how far back does exec
support go in Sugar? I don't want to break backwards compatibility for
current deployments.

Would you recommend I put both class and exec line in the .info file?

--Gary