[Sugar-devel] production aslo update

Korakurider korakurider at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 01:22:28 EST 2009

On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 12:10 AM, David Farning <dfarning at sugarlabs.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 9:06 AM, Tomeu Vizoso <tomeu at sugarlabs.org> wrote:
>> On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 15:59, David Farning <dfarning at sugarlabs.org> wrote:
>>> No new commits for the production instance of aslo.
>>>
>>> We will be running some clean.sh and build.sh scripts to update the
>>> .mo (translation) files.
>
> Update complete.
>
>>> Yep, that is right, Sayamindu Dasgupta should be able to hook aslo to
>>> pootle and make them sing.  How cool is that?
>>
>> Very! Is upstream ready to accept our translations?
>
> Upstream is taking a wait and see approach.  If the quality of our
> translations is good, I see no problem with them being accepted.

     Let me ask the context about "upstream accept our translation (of aslo)"

     I am reviewing Japanese message MO for aslo.
     It contains tons of "addon" (in Japanese translation).
     I think you want to replace all of them with "activity",
     as many of you guys insisted "activities" domain over "addons"
for branding of SL, right?

     And top page of the site is showing message like this (in
Japanese, msgid "addons_home_header_details")
        Note: Many of addons registered to this site have not been
translated to Japanese yet.
                 Listing of "translated Addins" is available at
Mozilla Japan site (http://addons.mozilla.jp/).

      So apparently we need to customize translations for our purpose.

      Am I missing something?
/Korakurider