[Sugar-devel] [Etoys] Etoys - service move?

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Thu Feb 19 04:41:11 EST 2009

On 19.02.2009, at 07:17, Simon Schampijer wrote:

> Korakurider wrote:
>> On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 10:43 PM, Bert Freudenberg <bert at freudenbergs.de
>> > wrote:

>>> We did, but progress is a bit slow. Is there any reason to hurry?
>>   I don't think we need to be in hurry...
>>   But etoys ticket has been submitted to SL's trac already, so we
>> should do something about this asap.
>>   It seems right thing to me to have all etoys ticket in olpc trac
>> until we are really ready to move.

We should move pretty soon, and then only the olpc-specific tickets
will remain on dev.laptop.org.

> So the reason I was asking is that several people asked where to
> file Etoys bugs. Personally I think it is up to you (as maintainers)
> if we keep the trac component in dev.sugarlabs.org or add it when
> you are ready.

No, I think having the trac component at sugarlabs is fine. We're
going to have a master Etoys tracker on squeakland.org, but people
using Etoys as part of Sugar should have a convenient place to file
issues they encounter right there (and maybe someone will add a
"report bug" button to the frame that goes straight to sugar labs
trac?).

> And to avoid confusion - it is good of course to have the git repos
> and trac in the same place.

Well yes, but only for the sugar-specific part of Etoys I think, which
is the activity. The problem is that at the moment we build both the
etoys system package and the activity bundle from the same git repo,
which itself fetches from an svn repo. Maybe squeakland.org should
become a proper upstream for the Sugar Etoys activity?

- Bert -