[Sugar-devel] Have a discard option in the "name a fresh instance" dialog

Simon Schampijer simon at schampijer.de
Thu Feb 19 01:30:05 EST 2009

Gary C Martin wrote:
> On 18 Feb 2009, at 20:31, Wade Brainerd wrote:
>
>> As I understood it, the ability to "Not Keep" was an important part
>> of this design, but I haven't seen the implementation yet.
>>
>> Is it not there, or maybe just not immediately discoverable?
>>
>> I too think it would be wonderful to have a Don't Keep button right
>> there.
>
> I'd like to see a 'don't keep' as well, but I think it's a bunch more
> complicated in the current data-store implementation. Activities get
> Journal entries created as you switch away from them, and perhaps some
> other cases (sleep?), so a 'don't keep' button would need to actively
> DELETE journal entries that may have been created before the activity
> was first stopped.
>
> Just wanted to raise the implementation issues, but I would like a
> 'don't keep' if it didn't burn too much core dev time, though I accept
> this may be due to my particular current Sugar usage pattern.
>
> --Gary

Right, so there is an issue implementation wise. Also the discard button
should probably be in the activity toolbar.

One good news is that with the option to 'resume by default' we actually
don't create that many entries anymore.

Can we say that the discard option is a general addition but does not
stop us from landing the current implementation of the Naming Alert?

Thanks,
    Simon