[Sugar-devel] Newbie Developer - Where's the best place to start?

Tom Ziegmann tziegmann at msn.com
Wed Feb 18 13:56:02 EST 2009

Hello All,

I'm a newbie developer to the Sugar / OLPC projects, and I was wondering where the best place to start would be? I'm primarily interested in developing activities for the Sugar, and as I understand it, those are coded in Python. I've been using Linux for awhile now, so I'm fairly confident there, and I've used the sugar-jhbuild directions and have successfuly built / setup the Sugar emulator on my Ubuntu 8.10 machine. Are there any tools that are recommended?

Apologies if this information is already out there, and I'm just not seeing it. Any recommendations that you have would be greatly appreciated. I'm really looking forward to contributing to the Sugar / OLPC communities!

Thanks,

Tom Ziegmann