[Sugar-devel] Sweet Phone

Sascha Silbe sascha-ml-ui-sugar-devel at silbe.org
Tue Feb 17 10:32:22 EST 2009

Since I finally managed to get Linux working on my phone (using
Debian/armel), I couldn't resist installing Sugar on it [1-4].

No, it isn't really usable - only 64MB of physical RAM [5,6] means
swapping ~30MB to SD just to start Sugar (no activities running). Sugar
isn't touchscreen-"compatible" as well (there are no "plain" movements,
just clicks and drags) and the rather small (3.7") screen (though the
physical resolution of ~200DPI is comparable to the XO) is quite
cluttered by always-active GUI parts.
But it sure is fun. :)

[1] http://sascha.silbe.org/photos/dsc04708.jpg
[2] http://sascha.silbe.org/photos/dsc04709.jpg