[Sugar-devel] [IAEP] addons.sugarlabs.org

Gary C Martin gary at garycmartin.com
Fri Feb 13 20:40:25 EST 2009

On 14 Feb 2009, at 00:54, Luke Faraone wrote:

> Addons is named as such because we expected to host other,
> non-activity content there, like content bundles.

FWIW: Personally I see content bundles fading out over the short term,
and being replaced by activities that are basically a minimal browser
Sugar widget. There would be a minimal template with little more than
the sugar toolbar, journal and some sharing hooks. Content authors
could then just copy in their html et al, have the chance to tweak the
sugar tool UI for their needs, customise the icon, and become a first
class Sugar object in the UI.

There are several such templates that will help simplify life for
content providers, others are for swf and perhaps pdf (I have some
plans to create that template – no intention to overlap with read's
tasks).

--Gary