[Sugar-devel] Notes on triage meeting

Simon Schampijer simon at schampijer.de
Fri Feb 13 03:28:48 EST 2009

Greg Dekoenigsberg wrote:
> erikos ran an awesome meeting.  My notes on what I think the purpose
> should be:
>
> First Goal.  To go through all UNCONFIRMED bug reports and determine:
>
> * whether the bug report is a dupe.  if so, close as Duplicate.
>
> * whether the bug report is missing key info.  if so, ask questions in bug
> and set status to Needinfo.
>
> * whether the bug is from a previous release and has already been fixed.
> if so, close as Obsolete.
>
> * whether the bug is relatively minor.  if so, set to block next release
> (right now 0.86) and set status to "new".
>
> * whether the bug is urgent.  if so, set to block current release (right
> now 0.84) and set status to "new".
>
> Every bug should fit into one of these categories.
>
> How does that sound?  Simple enough to get a good triage team off and
> running?
>
> --g

Actually I would leave setting the milestone by the triage team out. I
think this is the duty of the maintainer. He knows better the resources
available. If the severity is a blocker - of course he will set it to
0.84 likely anyhow.

Objections, thoughts?
    Simon

[1] http://sugarlabs.org/go/BugSquad/TriageGuide#Severity_of_the_bug