[Sugar-devel] Soas3 XO image quick report

Gary C Martin gary at garycmartin.com
Thu Feb 12 21:42:06 EST 2009

Hi folks,

Here's just a very quick run through of the Activities currently part
of the SoaS3 XO image that Marco provided last week to help get some
wider SoaS testing going:

	http://download.sugarlabs.org/soas/xoimages/

For the record, apart from some low level OS type issues (no camera,
no sound, some odd Fedora login screen, no power saving, no screen
brightness, some dodgy key bindings, and not much free nand space),
it's a reasonable place to try out the new 8.3.x sugar changes and
test your activities there.

I have a non-critical unsecured XO here for testing, so I used copy-
nand from the open firmware prompt to do a clean install of the images
Marco provided:

First the fail to launch:

Speak-9 --> no useful logs, assume some core lib is missing
Write-61 --> no useful logs, assume some core lib is missing
Joke Machine-8 --> fails to launch complaining about 'No translation
file found for domain:....'

Launch and casual usage was fine:

Analyze-8
Calculate-28
CartoonBuilder-1
Chat-62
Etoys-97
FlipSticks-1
Image Viewer-5
Jigsaw Puzzle-5
Jukebox-6
Log-16
Memorize-29
Moon-8
Paint-23
Pippy-30 --> number of examples fail due to missing imports (pygame et
al)
Poll-21
Slider Puzzle-6
Terminal-16
Turtle Art-23

And finally:

Browse-103 --> launches and browses fine, but ewwww, boy was it beaten
with the ugly custom theme stick, was this intended? ;-)

Regards,
--Gary

P.S. Will be re-flashing this (and another) XO over to 8.2.1-800
tomorrow for some OLPC release candidate testing.