[Sugar-devel] sugar.profile.jabber_registered and sugar.profile.is_registered() are deprecated?

Simon Schampijer simon at schampijer.de
Thu Feb 12 07:15:22 EST 2009

Martin Langhoff wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 11:39 PM, Morgan Collett
> <morgan.collett at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I mean if we need to reinstate the is_registered tracking, or
>> something like that... I'm not sure of the status of the registration
>> feature in 0.84 - all I can say authoritatively is that from a jabber
>> server connection perspective, PS always automatically tries to
>> reregister if necessary. I don't know off hand what else the register
>> function for the XS does in terms of state in Sugar.
>
> Registration in 0.82 contacts the XS via XMLRPC, passing its SN, nick
> and pubkey. In return, it gets a backup server "url" (user at fqdn) and a
> jabber server fqdn.
>
> I hope it still works, without that quite a few things break...

It still does work :) The backup_url is in gconf
('/desktop/sugar/backup_url') now in 0.84. Once we have an url - we use
this as a way to know we have been registered. You can un-register using
the cp command line tool.

So the code in browse should for 0.82 use the old way of checking if we
are registered and for the master code check the gconf value of
'/desktop/sugar/backup_url'.

Make sense?
    Simon