[Sugar-devel] [IAEP] activites known not to either work at all or not on certin platforms

Luke Faraone luke at faraone.cc
Wed Feb 11 15:38:04 EST 2009

On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 2:56 PM, Jonas Smedegaard <dr at jones.dk> wrote:

> No need to get into details of what exactly is flawed with my packaging
> style, or how you would do things differently:

I'm just trying to see if I'm missing something as far as the workflow.
Simply put, the commands given in your README do *not* work at all without
additional undocumented steps.

2) You can continue being ignorant of Debian not mandating a specific
> packaging style.

Oh, I understand this, and will add new packages to Debian as I always have.

> 3) Others are still free to follow my recommendation: Package through
> Debian, not directly at their pet derived distribution, to avoid
> duplicated work.

We tried that, however you stated that you wanted to continue to use 0.82
for now.

--
Luke Faraone
http://luke.faraone.cc