[Sugar-devel] Build intrastructure

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Wed Feb 11 11:28:06 EST 2009

[cc += sugar-devel@]

Marco Pesenti Gritti wrote:
>> As Peter suggested, I should look at getting nightly builds set up soon.
>> Would you like to share infrastructure so that the build run spits out
>> SoaS images at the same as F11-XO images?  If so, any preference for
>> whether to do it on an OLPC machine or on something like sunjammer?
>
> Sharing infra on this makes a lot of sense to me. Personally I have no
> preference about where to host it. Bernie, what do you think? Is this
> something we can host? I guess we will need a rawhide box/VM.

We can provide shell accounts on our buildslaves to anyone interested
in running nightly builds.  We currently have 4 of them:

 buildslave1.sugarlabs.org    Fedora 10 x86_64
 buildslave2.sugarlabs.org    Fedora rawhide x86_64
 buildslave3.sugarlabs.org    OFFLINE
 buildslave4.sugarlabs.org    Ubuntu 8.10

Please, avoid using your shell accounts on sunjammer for heavy-duty
jobs such as daily rebuilds.  If you must, at least run these things
with "nice -n 15 ionice -n 5 -c 3" to keep it from slowing down other
users too much.

Please also avoid using shell accounts on solarsail and trinity as
we're going to phase them out at some point.

--
   // Bernie Innocenti - http://www.codewiz.org/
 \X/  Sugar Labs       - http://www.sugarlabs.org/