[Sugar-devel] activites known not to either work at all or not on certin platforms

Sascha Silbe sascha-ml-ui-sugar-devel at silbe.org
Wed Feb 11 08:28:39 EST 2009

On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 03:14:24AM +0100, David Van Assche wrote:

[...]
> ok, that is about 50% of the failed testtube babies...
[...]

Thanks for your mail. I've been equally frustrated; even sugar-jhbuild
on Ubuntu intrepid that was recommended to me didn't work (it might now,
see recent thread regarding RPATH issues).
It's good to know I'm not the only one having so many problems with
Sugar ("geteiltes Leid ist halbes Leid" ;) ). I'm much more motivated
again.
The tables in the Sucrose section of the Supported Systems wiki page [1]
have a "Tested" column suggesting that Sugar is tested _and_ _working_
on Debian, Fedora and Ubuntu (at least that's how I interpreted that
column). IMO we should adjust that column to give a summary of how much
of Sugar is actually working, with a link to a more detailed status
page; for Starches as well.

[1] http://sugarlabs.org/go/Supported_systems

CU Sascha

--