[Sugar-devel] sugar.profile.jabber_registered and sugar.profile.is_registered() are deprecated?

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 06:00:30 EST 2009

On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 11:39 PM, Morgan Collett
<morgan.collett at gmail.com> wrote:
> I mean if we need to reinstate the is_registered tracking, or
> something like that... I'm not sure of the status of the registration
> feature in 0.84 - all I can say authoritatively is that from a jabber
> server connection perspective, PS always automatically tries to
> reregister if necessary. I don't know off hand what else the register
> function for the XS does in terms of state in Sugar.

Registration in 0.82 contacts the XS via XMLRPC, passing its SN, nick
and pubkey. In return, it gets a backup server "url" (user at fqdn) and a
jabber server fqdn.

I hope it still works, without that quite a few things break...

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions