[Sugar-devel] sugar.profile.jabber_registered and sugar.profile.is_registered() are deprecated?

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 02:07:58 EST 2009

Working with sucrose-0.82, I was surprised to discover that

 - there is no codepath that will set jabber_registered to true
 - the only reliable thing to use is profile.jabber_server
 - profile.is_registered() not consistent with either...

I guess sugar devs already know this, Simon has removed all this cruft.

What is the new way of asking whether the XO is registered? Is there a
reasonable idiom that will work on 0.82 and current 'master'?

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions