[Sugar-devel] Getting sugar-jhbuild run working

Sascha Silbe sascha-ml-ui-sugar-devel at silbe.org
Tue Feb 10 11:31:19 EST 2009

On Mon, Feb 09, 2009 at 09:34:19PM +0100, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:

> Do you mean that even if the environment variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH is
> defined, it gets overridden by hardcoded rpath?
Exactly.

> If it is the first, then please update the Debian wiki page, and also
> drop a note about it to jurij at debian.org (I see that he is not
> subscribed to updates to that wiki page).
I've written to Jurij, but not adapted the wiki page yet. I want to wait
for his (or her?) answer first.

>> BTW: Libraries in sugar-jhbuild seem to set rpath, too - at least
>> libevince.so does have RPATH=/home/sugar/sugar-jhbuild/install/lib64.
> As I understand it, rpath has its sane uses, it is not a complete
> evil. Only for packaging as part of Debian (and derivatives) is it a
> definitive no-no.
Can't think of any issue it could cause inside sugar-jhbuild, so it's
probably fine, yes.

> Please do not cc me: I am subscribed to the list.
Sorry, you didn't set Mail-Followup-To and I'm used to doing group-reply
as I'm on several mailing lists where non-subscribers post to.

CU Sascha

--
http://sascha.silbe.org/
http://www.infra-silbe.de/