[Sugar-devel] A small request.

C. Scott Ananian cscott at laptop.org
Mon Feb 2 07:20:10 EST 2009

On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 1:06 AM, Martin Langhoff
<martin.langhoff at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 6:38 PM, C. Scott Ananian <cscott at laptop.org> wrote:
>> I still believe the proper way to do this is to have a local offline
>> cache.  The protocol was explicitly designed to be easily cacheable.
>
> Because the use case looks like this:
>
> 1 - the XS has no way to know what activities are on the XO

The XS has no way to know what web pages are in the world.

> 2 - an activity on the XO can name a URL in its metadata that the XS
> does _not_ know about

A user may type a URL into a browser bar that the XS does not know about.

> 3 - the XS cannot intercept that request unless we develop
> mind-reading interfaces

Proxy caches do just fine without psitronic technology.

I don't understand your problem.
 --scott
--
                         ( http://cscott.net/ )