[Sugar-devel] Activity updater

Bernie Innocenti bernie at sugarlabs.org
Mon Feb 2 07:00:53 EST 2009

Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> What "Debian package"?
>
> I found no mention of "olpc-update" anywhere in the source code for
> Sugar, so I guess you are talking about something OLPC-specific _below_
> Sugar, right?

olpc-update is the official updater for the core OS of the OLPC
distribution.  It is very XOOS specific so you probably don't want to
package it for Debian.

Are you packaging up the sugar-update-control package for Debian?
It's here:

  http://dev.laptop.org/git?p=users/cscott/sugar-update-control;a=summary
  (I don't know if release tarballs exist for it)

My tentative plan, to be further discussed here, is:

 1. import the project in gitorious;

 2. break the dependency with olpc-update and bitfrost;

 3. add it to jhbuild;

 4. get the RPM accepted in Fedora;

 5a. change the default URL to point at an Activities page
     on the Sugar Labs wiki.

or,

 5b. modify addons.sl.o to understand the OLPC microformat.

The choice between 5a or 5b depends on the amount of progress we do
with remora over the next few weeks.

To speed up packaging, we might also integrate the updater in the main
sugar package.

I'd like to get help for any of these points.  Actually, I will follow
the mantra of doing only what nobody else is already doing.

--
   // Bernie Innocenti - http://www.codewiz.org/
 \X/  Sugar Labs       - http://www.sugarlabs.org/