[Sugar-devel] looked for, but did not find, "control knobs" for mesh

Mikus Grinbergs mikus at bga.com
Mon Feb 2 02:09:31 EST 2009

To me, "two kids under a tree" is a very important scenario.
Although mesh fails on current Joyrides, I'm experimenting with
manual intervention (e.g., ifconfig) to get it going anyway.

What I notice is that that the mesh-related software on the XO does
not support all descriptions:

  -  iwconfig eth0 mode __ works, but iwconfig msh0 mode __ doesn't

  -  don't have mesh start/stop described by Libertas Release Notes

Aside from ifconfig up/down, what other "control knobs" exist for
starting/stopping radio communication using a 169.254.x.x address ?
[My environment does *not* have any wireless AP.]

Suggestions, please   mikus